The Union Government has made it mandatory to link the PAN Card with the Aadhaar number. The deadline for linking the Aadhaar number with the PAN card expires on March 31, 2022. Previously, the last date for merging these 2 documents was September 2021. In this case, the Central Board of Direct Taxes has extended the deadline to March 31, 2022.
You can also do this by typing in your 12-digit number> 10-digit PAN number> and sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161. If the PAN number you send is successfully linked to Aadhaar, you will get the message “Aadhaar is already linked to this PAN number”.
At the same time, remember that the details, including your name and date of birth, must be the same in both documents.
For example, if your reference number and PAN number are 0000011112222 AAAPA7777Q, then if your name and date of birth are the same in your documents after you send the SMS to the number mentioned above, those documents will be automatically linked.
How do I link PAN with Aadhaar?
- If you are visiting the Income Tax e-filing website for the first time, please register there.
- After completing the OTP verification, enter the PAN card details and create a password. Now you need to login again.
- If you have already registered, click Login.
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- Now the link to link to Aadhaar will be at the bottom of this page. Here a new screen will open when you select the option.
- Now enter the details of your PAN and Aadhar number.
- Click on the Aadhar option from the drop-down menu.
- Now your two documents will be merged.
If you do not link the Aadhar card with your PAN card by the last date, your PAN card will be deactivated. Not only that but you will have to pay a fine of Rs.1,000. To avoid all complications, attach the pan and support immediately.