Nowadays Aadhar Card and PAN Card have become the two most important documents. It is not easy to do any work without these two documents. Aadhar Card is an essential ID proof document. At the same time, PAN card is used for all important financial works.
The last date to link it is 30 June 2022. If you get the link done today, then the fine will have to be paid less. And from tomorrow a heavy fine will have to be paid.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) had earlier fixed 31 March 2022 as the last date for linking. But the last date for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended till June 30 by paying a fine of Rs 500. The linking facility was free before March 31.
From July 1 i.e. from tomorrow, if you link PAN-Aadhaar, then you will have to pay a fine of Rs 1000. This rule is applicable till 31 March 2023. Meaning your PAN can be deactivated after March 31, 2023. In this case, your problems may increase.
At present, till next year your PAN will continue to work even without linking it with Aadhaar. With this, you will not face any kind of hassle in the process of filing and refund of ITR for 2022-23. If your PAN card is deactivated, then you may have to face many difficulties. You will not be able to do things like opening mutual funds, stocks and bank accounts with your PAN card.
Know how to link
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Income Tax Department https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/portal.
- Next, the Link Aadhaar option has to be selected.
- After this, to see the status further, you enter the details of PAN by clicking on Click Here.
- Then you have to click on View link Aadhaar status.
- On clicking, a new page will open, in which you will get the information about the linking of Aadhaar and PAN.
- Process to pay fine for linking PAN-AadhaarFirst click on https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp Protean.
- Here in Linking Request, you have to click on CHALLAN NO./ITNS 280.
- After that select Tax applicable option.
- You will have to pay a fine of Rs 500 by June 30.
- Select the mode of payment of penalty.
- Further make the payment through Net Banking Process or Card Mode.
- Enter PAN Number and Assessment Year.
- Then enter the captcha.
- On clicking on the submit option, PAN and Aadhaar will be linked