Chennai Super Kings (CSK) have registered their first win in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022. In the match held on Tuesday, Chennai defeated arch-rivals Royal Challengers Bangalore. After suffering four consecutive defeats, Chennai returned to the IPL and registered their first win. Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 23 runs.
In this match, Chennai Super Kings batted first and scored a mountain score of 216. Robin Uthappa scored 88 and Shivam Dubey scored 95 runs for Chennai. There was such a storm of both that the bowlers of RCB were seen asking for water. In response, the team of Bangalore started getting tremors from the beginning and in the end the team was completely staggered.
Royal Challengers Bangalore innings Chennai Super Kings got a great start in the bowling and Bangalore looked on the backfoot from the beginning. Captain Faf du Plessis could only score 8 runs, former captain Virat Kohli failed again and was out in the beginning of playing a big shot. RCB had lost their four wickets within 50 runs.
However, later Suyash Prabhudesai, Shahbaz Ahmed tried to bring the team back on track but he also lost his wicket. Once again Dinesh Karthik was seen turning the match on his own. Dinesh Karthik scored 34 runs, but after that he was out and Bengaluru’s defeat seemed certain.
- First wicket – Faf du Plessis 8 runs (14/1)
- Second wicket – Virat Kohli 1 run (20/2)
- Third wicket – Anuj Rawat 12 runs (42/3)
- Fourth wicket – Glenn Maxwell 26 runs (50/4)
- Fifth Wicket- Suyash Prabhudesai 34 runs (110/5)
- Sixth wicket- Shahbaz Ahmed 41 runs (133/6)
- Seventh wicket- Hasaranga 7 runs (146/7)
- Eighth wicket- Akashdeep 0 runs (146/8)
- Ninth wicket- Dinesh Karthik 34 runs (171/9)
Chennai Super Kings innings (216/4)
Chennai Super Kings did not get a better start in this match as well and the team lost its two wickets on the score of 36 runs. But what happened after that changed the whole game. Robin Uthappa, Shivam Dube shared 165 runs in 74 balls and spoil the condition of the Bangalore team.
Robin Uthappa scored 88 runs in his innings, hitting 4 fours, 9 sixes in 50 balls. Shivam Dubey, on the other hand, played an innings of 95 runs, which included 5 fours and 8 sixes. Chennai Super Kings made a big score of 216 on the basis of these explosive innings.
- First wicket – Ruturaj Gaikwad 17 runs (19/1)
- Second wicket – Moeen Ali 3 runs (36/2)
- Third wicket – Robin Uthappa 88 runs (201/3)
- Fourth wicket- – Ravindra Jadeja 0 runs (201/4)
Chennai Super Kings Playing-11: Robin Uthappa, Rituraj Gaikwad, Moeen Ali, Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Dwayne Bravo, Chris Jordan, Mahesh Tikshana, Mukesh Choudhary
Royal Challengers Bangalore Playing-11: Faf du Plessis, Anuj Rawat, Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Dinesh Karthik, Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Josh Hazlewood, Suyesh Prabhu Desai, Akashdeep Live TV