The incident in which the Ola S1 Pro electric scooter with Pune registration number caught fire has caused a stir. The video featuring the Ola electric scooter on fire has gone viral on social media.
According to the viral video, the Ola S1 Pro model, which was parked on the side of the road, was slowly emitting smoke. Then the scooter exploded and started to ignite completely. Ola Electric said it had already contacted the customer who used the scooter and that he was fine.
“We have received information about an incident in one of our scooters in Pune. We are in the process of investigating why the scooter caught fire. More information on the cause of this incident will be released in the next few days.”
“There is constant communication with the customer who has been using this scooter. He is completely safe. For Ola, vehicle safety is very important to us. We are always focused on ensuring that all of our products are of the highest quality.
We will take this incident seriously and continue to take the necessary action. More information will be released in the coming days, “said a statement from Ola Electric.
— Vinkesh Gulati 🇮🇳 (@VinkeshGulati) March 26, 2022
It is not yet known why the Ola electric scooter caught fire. However, there have been several incidents of electric scooters exploding. Many times electric scooters catch fire while charging.
The Ola S1 Pro model is powered by a 3.97 kW lithium ion battery unit. This scooter is capable of going up to 181 kilometers on full charge.
And it will go at a maximum speed of 115 kilometers per hour. Ola S1 Pro electric scooter priced at Rs.1.30 lakh, has been fixed as ex-showroom.