WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging app, which we use to stay connected with our loved ones. However, there are also many personal and professional chats on this platform, which we want to keep hidden from other people. WhatsApp comes with many features to give privacy to your chats, but most users use WhatsApp Lock.
You can use your fingerprint or Face ID to set WhatsApp lock. Let us tell you, this feature is available for both Android and iOS devices. If you also want to keep your private chats hidden from your friends or family members, then WhatsApp Lock is the best option. You can enable this feature on both Android and iOS devices by following these simple steps.
How to put WhatsApp lock on iPhone
1. First of all open WhatsApp on your iPhone .
2. Now go to the icon on the right corner and click on Settings.
3. After this tap on ‘Account’, where you have to go to ‘Privacy’.
4. Now by scrolling down you will see the option of ‘Screen lock’. Here you have to toggle ‘On’.
5. On turning it on, you will be asked to use Face ID or PIN. After this WhatsApp will be locked in your iPhone.
How to set WhatsApp lock on Android
1. First of all open WhatsApp on your Android phone.
2. Now click on the three dots appearing on the top-right corner.
3. Then tap on ‘Settings’.
4. By going to the settings, you have to click on ‘Account’.
5. After this you have to go to ‘Privacy’.
6. Now by scrolling down, you will see the option of ‘Fingerprint Lock’ in Android. Its toggle is to be ‘On’.
5. As soon as you turn it on, you will see the option to use fingerprint. Your WhatsApp will be locked as soon as you enter the fingerprint, which you will be able to open with your fingerprint only.