WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are the most popular instant messaging apps among users. We do not know how many times every day access these apps to stay connected with our close ones. However, there are also many groups and chats whose messages are of no use to you.
If you cannot ‘Left’ those groups or ‘Block’ a friend… then there is only one way for you to get rid of those unnecessary message notifications… that is the ‘Mute’ feature available on both the platforms.
The ‘ Mute ‘ feature is available on both WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger platforms. Using this feature, you can ‘mute’ the message notification coming on a group or chat for some time. After enabling the feature, you will not get message notifications for those chats and groups, but whenever you open WhatsApp or Messenger, you will see the messages on those chats and groups in the ‘Mute’ manager.
If you also want to mute any chat and group on your WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, then you can follow the steps given below. Also Read – Secretly watch story on Instagram like this, users will not know
How to mute a chat on WhatsApp
1. First of all you have to open your WhatsApp chat.
2. After this, long press on the group or chat you want to mute.
3. Now you will see ‘Mute’ button in the top bar.
4. Here you have to click on ‘Mute’.
5. On clicking ‘Mute’, you will see a pop-up, here you have to select the duration of the mute key. In this you will get three options, 8 hours, 1 week and always. You can select the mute duration here as per your convenience.
How to mute a chat on Facebook Messenger
1. First of all open Facebook Messenger .
2. Now like WhatsApp, here also you have to go to the chat which you want to mute. Here also this feature is applicable to a single chat and group.
3. After this, long press on the group or chat you want to mute.
4. Here you will see a pop-up of “Mute notifications”.
4. By clicking on mute, you have to select the time duration and then click on OK.
5. On Facebook Messenger, you will get 5 options for the time duration… 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours or until you change it again. You can select the mute duration here as per your convenience.
However, the time duration to mute message notifications is different on both the platforms. While WhatsApp lets you mute chats for up to 8 hours, Facebook Messenger has this feature for up to 24 hours.