Indore: Seven people have died in a fire in a two-storey building in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. At present the fire has been brought under control and the injured have been admitted to the hospital.
Seven people were burnt alive in a horrific fire accident in Indore, Madhya Pradesh last night. These deaths, including 6 men and a woman, have taken place due to a fire in a two-storey building in Indore’s Swarnbagh Colony.
Many people have suffered burns in this accident, who have been admitted to the hospital. The condition of some of the injured is said to be serious. The fire official says, “The fire may have started due to short circuit. It took us 3 hours to douse the fire.”
Most of the hired people were among the dead
According to the news, the incident of fire occurred in the intervening night of Friday-Saturday. As soon as the police got the information, immediately the fire brigade was also informed. After this the fire brigade made a lot of effort to control the fire.
How horrific the fire was, it can be gauged from the fact that it took more than three hours to control it. The bodies of the people who were burnt alive in the incident have been sent to MY Hospital. Most of the people killed are said to be tenants.
The fire started from the parking lot
According to Vijay Nagar police station in-charge Tehzeeb Qazi, five people were pulled out of the fire-affected residential building in a dead condition, while 11 others were sent to the hospital with injuries. According to sources, the fire started from the parking lot where the vehicles were parked.
The short circuit took place here, after which the fire took a formidable form and on seeing it spread throughout the building. The fire spread so fast that no one got a chance to recover. Some people got burnt alive and some died of suffocation.
Seven killed in fire in Indore
Seven people were killed in a massive fire in Indore today itself. Police said that there were separate flats on all three floors of the building, in which people lived on rent. According to eyewitnesses, the building did not have the necessary fire safety arrangements.
When asked about this, the Commissioner of Police said that an FIR will be registered against the owner of the building under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
7 die in fire at Indore building, nine rescued, the fire was triggered by short circuit in main electric supply system in the basement 5 people still hospitalized @ndtv @ndtvindia pic.twitter.com/Qtq89HYX95
— Anurag Dwary (@Anurag_Dwary) May 7, 2022