Vijayawada: A tragic incident took place in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, when a battery exploded on the same day as buying an Boom Motors Corbett 14 electric scooter. Also, 3 people were injured in the accident and were admitted to the hospital.
Siva kumar from Vijayawada bought a new electric scooter yesterday. Early this morning he was charged with keeping the vehicle in the front room of the house. His family is all asleep in the bedroom. Then unexpectedly the battery suddenly exploded.
This was followed by burning and smoke coming out of the house’s electrical wires. Thus the fire spread to everyone trapped in the room.
Sivakumar’s body was burnt to death. His wife and two children were injured in the fire and hospitalized in critical condition.
Police have registered a case and are investigating the incident.
The recent spate of electric scooters exploding and causing accidents has caused fear among the people.