The first day of the month of Chithirai is celebrated by all the Tamils of the world as the Tamil New Year. Chittirai New Year is welcomed as a auspicious festival with new expectations and hopes. All the activities that will be done in this new year should be done better over time.
On that day we all go to the temple wearing dress. It is customary to worship the elders at the marked auspicious time and receive their blessings. It is said that all the deeds we do on New Year’s Eve enrich our lives throughout the year.
So in this post you can know what to do and what not to do on the first day of Tamil New Year …
Tamil New Year Things to do
1. The Tamil New Year begins on Chithirai, the first month of the Tamil month. Mangoes, jackfruits, bananas, betel leaves, baguettes, jewels, paddy, etc. are kept in a plate in the shrine and it is considered sacred to see it on New Year’s morning.
2. It is good to bathe in the early morning of the New Year, wear new clothes and go to the temple for worship.
3. On Tamil New Year, it is customary to create food that has aromas. The food is special in that it has six flavors of sweet, bitter, salty, salty, astringent and sour. Usually not adding cantaloupe on good days. But on Tamil New Year, it is special to create an army of all kinds of flavors. The delicacy is thus created at the beginning of the New Year, instructing that life is all mixed up.
4. We are at the beginning of summer as it is the birth of the month of Chittirai. It is a good idea to make all the appropriate donations for the summer at the beginning of the new year.
5. You can make as many umbrella donations, shoe donations and fan donations as you can to get rid of bugs and make the flower of life. Also, setting up a water whey tank, setting up a water tank, etc. will solve all your karmas. Watering on the doorstep for birds and animals is also special.
6. Engaging in worship on Tamil New Year will make you grow even more. It is very good to buy and donate cool fruits like jujube, squash, apricot, watermelon and you will eat. When you go to the store on Tamil New Year and buy gold or silver jewelry, they will swell even more.
7. Similarly, buying faded items such as stone, turmeric, saffron, betel, gooseberry and fruit will make the family look even more Lakshmi.
Tamil New Year Do’s and Don’ts
1. Eating non-vegetarian food, doing dirty things, cutting nails, shaving face and cutting hair should not be done on this day.
2. Do not remove camels while at home. Garbage collected at home should not be dumped outside. Buy new stuff. But household items should not be given to anyone on that day.
3. And do not lend to anyone. Do not borrow. It is special to worship the Tamil mother to live a prosperous life by doing what needs to be done and avoiding what needs to be done in the Tamil New Year …
New Year is always a time of new beginnings and opportunities. So the actions you take on New Year’s Eve should be a sign of your luck and positive energy.