Driving a two-wheeler or four-wheeler usually requires a driver’s license, and you no longer have to go to the regional transportation office or wait in long queues to obtain a driver’s license. Currently the process has become much simpler and the federal government has made changes in the rules for obtaining a driving license.
It has been reported that driving test is no longer required under the new rules of driving license 2022. The ‘Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways’ has made some amendments in obtaining driving licenses.
The new rules for driving licenses will come into effect from July 1 this year. According to the rules of the Department of Roads and Transport, all those who have passed the examination at a state-recognized driving training center are not required to stick to the vehicle at the RTO when applying for a driving license and can obtain a certificate from the training centers themselves.
Every five years, driving training centers are required to renew their accreditation. The government has also laid down some rules regarding the quality of driving training centers.
1) For two and four wheeler training centers, there should be at least one acre of land. Must have two acres of land for heavy vehicle training.
2) There should be a stimulator and a test track.
3) Must have studied Coach Diploma and have at least five years of driving experience.
4) The training center should have information technology and biometric system.
5) Test tracks should be tested to a high standard according to the transportation syllabus.
6) Lightweight vehicle training should be completed within 29 hours and four weeks. It is divided into two sections, Theory and Practice, with 8 hours for Theory and 21 hours for Practice.
7) Training period for medium and heavy motor vehicles should be completed within 38 hours and 6 weeks. Theory classes should last 8 hours and practical classes 31 hours.
Documents required to obtain a driving license
1) Proof of Age – Education Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Ban Card or Employer Certificate can be issued.
2) Proof of address – Ration card, passport, Aadhar card, lease agreement, utility bill or life insurance policy certificate can be issued.
3) A passport size photo
4) 4 Application Form
To apply for a driver’s license online under the new rules, visit the website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. You must choose the state in which you live and the type of driving license you wish to obtain.
Fill out the application form, upload all required documents and pay the application fee. Check your payment and then click “Submit”. The driving license will then be mailed to your home.
To apply this offline, you need to go to the nearest RTO office, fill in the form and pay all the required documents and license fees, and within a few days your driving license will arrive.