WhatsApp Banking Safety Tips: In today’s digital age, the way of banking has changed completely. Now there is no need for people to go to the bank for small work. The bank itself keeps on giving you all these facilities from online banking to mobile app. Similarly, many leading banks like HDFC, Bank of Baroda, Axis, ICICI Bank provide banking facilities to their customers on the social media platform WhatsApp.
Many banks nowadays provide banking facilities on WhatsApp. In this, you can take advantage of these facilities from the mobile number registered in your account. Banks provide these facilities 24 hours a day. In this, you can take advantage of the facilities like account details, account blocking, OTP verification, check book request, FASTag etc.
While WhatsApp Banking makes your work very easy on the one hand, but you need to be more careful about its use. In this era of digital revolution, your one mistake can cause you huge loss.
Do not make these mistakes during WhatsApp banking
- Never send personal information such as bank account details, debit/credit card PIN or internet banking password to anyone via WhatsApp.
- Do not reply to any WhatsApp message asking for OTP. No matter how small the amount, do not reply to any such message.
- Do not download any file sent by an unknown person without knowledge.
- In case of loss of phone, deactivate your WhatsApp immediately. At the same time, before selling or removing the old smartphone, remove all types of private data.
- Do not reply to messages coming from unknown numbers on WhastApp under any circumstances.
- Avoid using WhatsApp Banking when connected to any public Wi-Fi network.
- Turn off auto-download on your WhatsApp, so you can be sure what you’re downloading.