Mumbai: If you are thinking of making or renewing your driving license, this news is important for you. The central government has made changes in the rules for issuing driving licenses. In which the general public will definitely benefit from the new rules.
After the implementation of these rules, you will not have to go round the Regional Transport Office (RTO) to get a driving license (DL). The new driving license rules made by the central government have become much simpler than before.
Under the revised driving license rules, you no longer have to go to the RTO to take any driving test. The new rules will be implemented by the Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways from 1 July 2022.
The new rules will bring relief to the billions of people waiting on the waiting list to get a driver’s license.
How to get a driving license?
You can register for DL at any accredited driving training school. After taking training from here, you have to pass the exam from there. The school will issue certificates to those who pass the exam. Your DL will be generated based on this certificate.
Curriculum for teaching Driving License (DL) has been developed by the Ministry. It is divided into two parts, theoretical and practical. The duration of the Light Motor Vehicle (LMV) course is four weeks, lasting 29 hours.
So for practical you have to give 21 hours for practical on roads, highways, city roads, village roads, reversing and parking etc. The remaining 8 hours you will be taught theory.
Guidelines for the training center
The Ministry of Roads and Transport has also laid down some guidelines and conditions for training centers. It is also important for you to be aware of these guidelines.
- At least one acre space for training center for two wheelers, three wheelers and light motor vehicles. There should be two acres of land near the training center for heavy passenger / freight vehicles or trailers.
- Must have at least 12th pass for coach. He should also have at least 5 years of driving experience.
- The curriculum of driving centers is divided into 2 parts, theoretical and practical.
- The training center must have biometric system.
- The course duration for medium and heavy vehicle motor vehicles is 38 hours in 6 weeks. There will be 8 hours of theory class and 31 hours of practical.